[guide.chat] funny butties etc

  • From: "anne bradley" <anne.bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:53:17 -0000

June,

What an enormous family though expect it must have been fun at times. I'm an
only one and always wanted a brother or sister but theres not much you can do
about that.
We used to get a whole bowl of dripping from either beef or pork and it was
lovely spread on bread with a sprinkle of salt. Not exactly health conscious
but lovely. Then we'd make the gravy with the residue left in the roasting pan
so the gravy wasn't fatty. We had a small holding in a valley outside Halifax,
I lived in Yorkshire back  then and we had a pig, a goat, hens and turkeys. We
also grew our own vegies and were as poor as church mice. I can't believe it
now but I quite often used to walk or run to school as could save my bus fare
and the distance when I was little was about 5 miles. When I went to junior
school, the distance was only 3 miles. Then my sight started going, probably
all that walking haha.
Thats enough of a ramble for now; Off to get Ebony and my tea and shall also
watch the midwife prog which Clare mentioned and have eaten all my Christmas
chocolate, very sad.
Love,

Anne.