[guide.chat] episode 12 the adventures of Mary Jane

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 18:08:17 +0100

I had to lodge with Lofty's parents for the first year living in Devon just
until our house was finished,Lofty's Mother told me that she was a very light
sleeper and showed me the room I had to sleep in also the room that Lofty was
sleeping in,she told me that sleep walking was not allowed,
once I started work Lofty's Mother used to take three pounds a week from me and
two pounds from Lofty,she then put it in a jar and every time a bill came in
for building material for our house she would give us the money back to pay
it,so effectually she was keeping us both for nothing,Lofty's Father was a
mason by trade so he rebuilt the back of the house for us and Lofty used to
labour for him after he had finished work,sometimes he had to drive all night
and he would have just about four hours sleep then do some work on our house,it
took a year to finish and then we set a date for our wedding,we were married on
the 1st of September 1973 it was awful weather that day but the whole street
turned up at the church  along with the invited guests, the vicar was not a
happy man and said I am sure you are not all guests,he then said that none of
you come to church only for weddings there is a plate at the back of the church
please give us a good donation,of course  none of them did they all said just
like his cheek,he then said no throwing confetti outside the church and of
course you can guess what happened,
Lofty's Aunt used to work in the canteen at the grammar   school she asked
permission for us to have our reception in the school canteen which was agreed
she managed to put on a very good spread and had some of her kitchen staff
waiting on table,Lofty's mother had our wedding cake made by one of her work
friends then had it decorated ,it was a three tear one and very nice,
while we were in at the reception our car was dressed up with toilet rolls and
tin cans attached to the exhaust,also small pebbles were put into the hub caps,
after we left to go away we had to stop and remove the tin cans but left the
rest where it was,but we could not understand why we could still hear a
tinkling sound, we went up to North Wales and it was about two in the morning
when we arrived,the next morning it was much better weather and Lofty suddenly
realized what people had done and took of the hub caps from the wheels and
there were the pebbles, we had a good week but of course our exhaust broke on
the car so we had to find a garage to fix it,
when we got home again it was a matter of settling down in our new home and
sorting out all the wedding presents,

watch this space for next episode,
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97