[guide.chat] Last week for us

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:24:59 -0000

hello to you all, it's been a busy time for the 3 of us, we were out every day
sometimes together and more often doing our own thing, on Monday and Tuesday
both went out after breakfast and didn't get home much before teatime, on Weds
had the shopping delivered and then after lunch went to our blind group
meeting, we meet twice a month, this is the main event, had lots to chat about,
our christmas meals, now have plans for 3 lunches, did members birthdays, our
news and events, more fundraising , then had tea and cakes followed by the
raffle, we won a jar of coffee and some chocolate biscuits  much to Scott's
joy, he spent the rest of the day trying to get into the carrier bag, on
Thursday had a funeral , it was for our friend and volunteer George who had
helped our group for 20 years, his wife was the visually inpaired lady who had
a guide dog, she had died 8 years before but he stayed at the club as he said
it was his family, we all wore our poppies as he had been in the army, spent a
quiet day at home on friday but had lots of things to catch up with, have had
showery and windy weather all week so had to time the outdoor stuff or just
wrap up well, had the weekend off, well done to Southampton and Torquay for
some brilliant footie results, there is now 2 weeks break for the top couple of
leagues as there are footie internationals, have got another busy week starting
tomorrow so will keep you posted, take care for now, Vanessa, Steve and Scott x