[guide.chat] In Reply To: my days

  • From: "Dawn Watson" <dawnyhen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:11:40 -0000

Hi Vanessa,
it was good chatting to you the other day.Sorry I have not managed to chat to
you today.
It sounds as though you have been getting in a mess, but having fun with your
new machine. I am busy tomorrow during the day and have an appointment at 3pm.
I hope to talk to you if I am not to long at my appointment, as the carer is in
at 5pm.  I will say bye for now as going to watch Corie then finish some more
jobs.
Dawn

my days and recipe etcetera.
housing came and day services came, they gave her two forms, one is for long
term to send off now and if i do not pass to stay here she has to send the
second one which is short term which has to be sent off and re applied every
six months, probably the forms will sit in their offices for long time now, she
gave me tin opener that is not suitable, as it opens the sides of the tin and i
am a bleeder so it is dangerous, i will ask carer to help me, bought cake
machine that is like a george foreman or breville type machine, i do not know
how it works, but thought cannot be that hard to do, so i put one mug of butter
and one mugof sugar in a mixing bowl and whisked it with my electric tall
gadget thingy, then i put four eggs and a mug full of self raising flour and
whisked that in, then tried to put spoon fulls of mixture in the golf ball
holes, i shut the lid and switched it on, after a while i heard a click and i
turned it off at the mains as there is no switches on the machine, the lid
would not lift up until a couple of minutes later, must be a safety device like
a washing machine you have to wait a little while before opening, anyways they
were perfect golf ball size round cakes with cooked mixture that was thin like
a biscuit around the balls which came away from the balls easily, this was
where i must have spilled it off the spoon while trying to guess where the hole
was in the machine, plus the mixture must have been oozing out the side of the
machine onto my work surface, never mind a little mess is easily cleaned ha ha,
i put in a little less mixture in the next batch which still had thin biscuit
layer around some of the balls which cannot be helped if you do not know where
your going, the biscuit bits were from the mixture probably coming off the
spoon as i was trying to get the mixture in the ball grooves, i made six
batches of twelve balls, lot of balls went intomaking them too as i did burn my
finger slightly on the edge when i tried to lift the lid, it stung for several
hours, but learnt hard way to leave it a minute before opening lid, middle
front of lid does not get hot, just like george foreman and breville machines,
i covered the balls in melted chocolate and some with chocolate and sprinkles
and sugar strands and some with lemon icing, some plain etcetera, then i put in
long lollipop sticks, not ice lolly sticks, the sticks you get on swizzle
lollipops or sweet lollipops, but the sticks i have are longer, i put some
standing on the stick holder that comes with the machine and then i rolled a
long piece of play dough to stand a lolly pop stick in, but it fell, i thought
the play dough would hild the sticks, but probably too heavy to hold, so more
mess on table, along with sugar strands, icing sugar, chocolate mess, so i tore
a long piece of grease proof paper onto the table and put the decorated lolli
pops on that, my grand children coming here today, oh i wish i could see their
faces when they see that lot for them, going to make easter lollies too, if i
can that is, practising for now, going to make chics, rabbits and easter eggs
on sticks, sending those that thought of me on valentine's day and christmas,
hope you liked the whisky truffles, should see the mess i get into making them
too, oh my do not ask, making easter cards and my son in laws birthday card, i
bought him two pairs of jeans and a jumper and my grandsons birthday card, he
is two in april, i bought him a d v d player that plays games, has t v, plays m
p three, hold photos etcetera, only cost thirty four pounds, bought him some
outfits and pair of trainers, like we had electric frying pan good price, carer
just been and saw the lollipops, she said she is well impressed and going to
tell her daughter as her daughter does art and cooking like us, waiting for
grand children to arrive and will try and catch up with hundreds of emails, i
have read them, but not had time to write so appologies, will write them
personally as not to clog forum, love you all.

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123