[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] eye condition for elaine

  • From: "Julie Vaughan" <julie.vaughan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "elaine nutley" <e.nutley@xxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:38:15 +0100

hi elaine

sorry but i dont have any advice as ive not heard of that one the only thing i
can understand is that i was just 30 when i lost alot of my vision i have
always had a dodgy right eye but my left was fine then just after i was 30 ( 6
years ago this may )i was diagnosed with some form of macular degeneration
thats where the centeral vision is blocked out and only periferal vision is
left well mine has gone so all i see through my eyes is light and shadows close
up im also extremely light sensitive amd that hurts. so its not so good but
saying that i feel im ok with it all now and just try my best to get on with
things, its hard on my own with my girls but we manage.

i think the not knowing is what is hard to accept i have never been told what
caused my sight loss and what form of macular degeneration it is dont think i
will ever know and there is a 50% chance my girls may get it.

anyway i know this is not much help but just thought id post

hope u get some answers

chat soon

love jules x

skype name blindydate