[guide.chat] Re: In Reply To: Respect.

  • From: "David L. Bailey" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:21:32 -0400

I fully understand this phenomenon.  I regularly tell people in the public
sector I may be blind but I am not stupid.  However, in all fairness to this
group of people I have come across a fair number of people with multiple
disabilities that have some type of learning disorder or brain injuries.
The sighted people are simply working from their observations and
unfortunately judging all blind by others they have observed.  I regularly
have to correct clerks who return the credit card I gave them and signed for
to my teenage daughter, now which one of us was stupid the blind man or the
one giving a teenage female a credit card?

Thank You,
David L. Bailey
baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx