[guide.chat] : Fw: God and Arthur

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 00:08:05 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Appleton
Sent On: 18/09/2010 20:42
Sent To: Keith
Subject: Fw: God and Arthur

 The Inventor of the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle, Arthur Davidson , Died and
went to Heaven. At the Pearly Gates, St. Peter told Arthur.'Since you've been
such a Good Man and Your Motorcycles have Changed the World, Your Reward is,
you can  Hang-Out with Anyone You Want to in Heaven.' Arthur Thought About it
for a Minute and then said,  'I want to Hang-Out with God.' St. Peter Took
Arthur to the Throne Room, and Introduced Him to God. God Recognized Arthur and
Commented,'Okay, so you were  the One Who Invented the Harley-Davidson
Motorcycle?' Arthur said, 'Yeah, That's Me...' God Commented: 'Well, what's the
Big Deal in Inventing Something that's Pretty Unstable, Makes Noise and
Pollution and Can't Run Without a Road?' Arthur was a Bit Embarrassed, but
Finally Spoke, 'Excuse me, but Aren't You the Inventor of Woman?' God said,
'Ah,   . . . Yes.' 'Well,' said Arthur, 'Professional to Professional,  You
Have Some Major Design Flaws in Your Invention as well !     1. There's Too
Much Inconsistency in the Front-End Suspension ~ 2. It Chatters Constantly at
High Speeds ~  3. Most of the Rear Ends Are Too Soft and Wobble About Too Much
~ 4. The Intake is Placed 'Way Too Close to the Exhaust ~ 5. And The
Maintenance Costs Are Outrageous! ~ 'Hmmmmm, You May Have Some Good Points
There,  Replied God,      . . .  Hold On,'--- God Went to His
'Celestial-Super-Computer', Typed in a Few Words and Waited for the Results.
The Computer Printed-Out a Slip of Paper and God Read It ~ 'Well, it May be
True That My Invention is a bit Flawed,'   God Said to Arthur, 'But According
to These Numbers,  More Men are Riding My Invention Than yours.

***

I would like to thank Judith for sending this nice joke to me so that I can
send it onto you all.

Keith