[gtk-book] Re: Starting Over, 'Widget a day'

  • From: Baishampayan Ghose <b.ghose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-book@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:38:10 +0530

GTK Book list
+ To discuss & manage the work-flow in writing 'A journey through GTK+'
+ To help new authors & project maintainers, keep the book upto-date.

Hello Vijay,
My thoughts ...
> Gtk Book is a great and noble effort. But is the book being organized
> the right way? Organizing it in terms of widgets will make it a good
> reference manual, but people won't be able to read it sequentially...
What we are doing right now is to create an exhaustive documentation
of all the GTk+ widgets. That is != GTkBook.
When we are actually finished with the documentation, we'll adapt it
in the form of a book which will be readable and coherent for the end
user.
Geeks that we are, we'll write it the way we prefer, and then organize
in a way all can understand.
Regards,
-bg-
--