[gtk-book] Starting Over, 'Widget a day'

  • From: Muthiah Annamalai <dearestchum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-book@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

GTK Book list:
+ To discuss & manage the work-flow of writing 'A journey through GTK+'
+ To help new authors & project maintainers, keep the book upto-date.
Hello there!
Im starting over. This time with GTK+2., and friends.
Its called 'Widget a day'.

Ive planned to write this stuff, like a 'Widget a
day'.

Im thinking of a 'Widget a day' kind of documentation
effort for GTK+. 2.6.x has 177 widgets, and I'd take
that long ?, I think a month long effort would be
valuable.

This GTK+ book is going to be under GFDL, or Open
content license. Im trying to talk to folks at
GNU for a volunteer editor, and copy writer,
and artists/designers.

I'd make some money, if that made it to print[!].
Anyways still looking for support from GNU, and
waiting for mentors to keep my motivation levels high.

But anyways, here is day 1: gtkaboutdialog:
http://gtkbook.sourceforge.net/aboutdialog.html

Cheers Muthu.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com