[GradeQuick] Re: Checking files out and in

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:14:55 EDT

Edith Heilmann wrote:
<<I am at home this weekend, so I don't have access to my network GradeQuick.
I am using 9.0 on Windows XP. I think I have everything set up correctly.
Teachers who want to check out files are doing so to disk. My question -
when you have checked the files out to disk and want to open them on another
computer that has 9.0 installed on it, do you check the files into that
computer or do you just open the files from the floppy?>>
Actually EITHER method works, Edith. However, keep in mind that GQ's
"checkout-checkin" process is designed to help you keep track of the "active"
(latest)
copy of each of your gradebooks. If you can do that on your own, ther's no
real need to go through the process of checking out/in.

Keep in mind, too, that if you choose to just open & save using a floppy,
you'll have to deal with lots of warnings like "This is not the active file. Do
you want to open it anyway?," etc.

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District