[GradeQuick] Calculating Final Grades

  • From: "" <fferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 12:46:30 -0500

Colleagues,

I have 2 Terms per semester in my school.  We calculate grades
on a semester basis, however, most of my teachers used the same
grade quick file for the second semester of their classes and set up
Term 3 and Term 4 for the second semester.  When GQ calculates
a final grade it is apparently averaging Terms 1,2,3 and 4 plus the
semester exams to calculate a final grade.  This obviously won't
work for us.  Can GQ be forced to calculate a final grade using only
Terms 3 and 4 and the second semester exam, while ignoring the
Term 1,2 and first semester exam?  If so, can you tell me how to
set this up?

Thanks,

Frank Ferguson
Frank Ferguson, Principal