[gptalk] internet explorer - clear temporary internet files

  • From: "Graham Turner" <gturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:46:19 -0000 (GMT)

having issues with the processing of the 'empty temporary internet files when
browser is closed' policy.

by what seems a miraculous hack of patching of gp editor versions and *.adm
files we
have managed to set the local group policy in;

admin templates > windows components > internet explorer > internet control
panel >
advanced page

however the version of Internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106IC (sp1) does not seem to
be
able to process the policy as when

OS - windows 2000 / sp4

i would suspect that while we have manipulated the GP editor to be able to set
this
policy in the group policy object, we perhaps are missing or do not have the
correct
version of a dll that is processing the relevant section of the GPO.

is it as simple as being down to a particular dll ?

if so what is the dll an is is a matter of replacement of said dll that to a
more
recent version ??