[gptalk] Re: editting admx files

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:25:46 +0000

I am gonna solve it by saving it on a alternate location grrr. I will dig into
it deeper it's better anyway to not mess up the original files... Also I
noticed that gpedit.msc can't handle admx files and only adm templates :X a
nice one from Microsoft... am installing the group policy feature now on the
2008 vm machine.

From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: editting
admx filesDate: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:22:32 -0800

Hans-
Have you tried opening an elevated command prompt and do the copy from there?
Elevating Explorer is tricky..

Darren

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hans straatSent: Monday, December 10, 2007 11:17 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] editting admx files

Hey all, Today I started to try to edit my first admx file. Nothing special
just writing again a howto to configure other drives then the a b c d you can
hide/disable. Now i try to save it and i get everytime access denied. Already
elevated my perms to FC but no go.I can save it of course in a different
location but hey I wan't to edit the original file :)  then I saved it in
documents and try to load the admx but it won't showup while using gpedit.msc..
is the snapin to old? regards,Hans Straatwww.datacrash.net