[gptalk] Re: "browse in same window" option in Windows Explorer

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:57:31 -0400

Ok I found it with Regshot 1.8.1 (I could not find an easy way  with Regmon
since it listed hundreds of registry queries, Regshot allowed me to take a snap
shot before and after the changes and then compared the two and lasted listed
deletions and modifications, very nice. tool!)

When the browse in same window option is unchecked this key is added:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Word.Document.8\BrowserFlags: 0x00000008

I also want to set  the "confirm open after download" option.

Unchecking this option changes the following key:

from this:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Word.Document.8\EditFlags: 0x00000000

to this: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Word.Document.8\EditFlags: 0x00010000

so how do I create an adm template to push this setting out through a GPO?