[gptalk] Re: adding persistent route

  • From: "Ananth Rajagopal" <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:45:36 +0530

Thanks Jacob, That cleared a lot of doubts!

What we have done so far is created an OU called Harmony Users, moves some
120 users to this OU and linked some 16 GPO's which we have created in Group
Policy Objects, only the Domain Password Policy has been set at the Domain
level.

I think, as you pointed out, we need to remove the "authenticated users"
from delegation. We will do that. All policies are set to hit Harmony Users
only.

What we are trying to achieve is run a batch file which creates a persistent
route. in the batch file the  command is  "Route add  192.168.3.240 MASK
255.255.255.255  192.168.2.254. -p"
As you said it needs administrator privileges!

Intranet Mail Server Route

Domain Tai2D.ent
Owner TAI2D\Domain Admins
User Revisions 2 (AD), 2 (sysvol)
Computer Revisions 2 (AD), 2 (sysvol)
Unique ID {BD281E8F-6A17-4F05-8022-3015166E4011}
GPO Status Enabled

Location Enforced Link Status Path
Harmony Users Yes Enabled Tai2D.ent/Harmony Users

This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO.
Security Filteringhide
The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, and
computers:Name
TAI2D\Harmony Users

Delegationhide
These groups and users have the specified permission for this GPOName
Allowed Permissions Inherited
NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS Read No
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Edit settings, delete, modify security No
TAI2D\Domain Admins Edit settings, delete, modify security No
TAI2D\Enterprise Admins Edit settings, delete, modify security No
TAI2D\Harmony Users Read (from Security Filtering) No

Computer Configuration (Enabled)hide
Windows Settingshide
Scriptshide
Startuphide
Name Parameters
\\Tai2D.ent\SysVol\Tai2D.ent\Policies\{BD281E8F-6A17-4F05-8022-3015166E4011}\Machine\Scripts\mailsrv_route.bat

Thanks for writing :-)
regards
Ananth.