[gptalk] Re: Restrict Users from Logging onto a specific computer?

  • From: "Michael Pietrzak" <mpietrzak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:16:37 -0700

You could create a new GPO and apply it to the machines that you want to
prevent the standard users from logging onto. In the GPO, under computer
configuration, expand Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local
Policies>User Rights Assignments and for the policy "Deny Logon
Locally", simply add the users or groups that you do not want to allow
to logging on to those machines.

Hope this helps,

Michael Pietrzak

San Diego State University