[gptalk] Re: Quick Launch gone from Windows 2000 machines...[Scanned]

  • From: "Katy Wilson" <Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:49:09 +0100

Woohoo at last I've fixed it!  I've disabled forcing the windows classic
in explorer and that's done the job.

The trouble is that now the Terminal server is showing the active
desktop - I don't want active desktop on terminal server! Aaargh!

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:55:04 +0100
From: Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Yes I've rebooted and run the secedit /refreshpolicy command for machine
and user policies

It's all rather strange!

 Employer Services<http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/pr01/ltr/i_safe.gif>
Katy Wilson
Network Analyst
tel: 01277 230656
fax: 01277 230782
www.employerservices.co.uk <http://www.employerservices.co.uk/>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:34:33 +0100
From: Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Craig,
 I'm tearing my hair out now as have changed those settings to 'not
configured' and yet I still cannot right click on the taskbar to add the
quick launch on the windows 2000 machines!
Why why why??!!!!