[gptalk] Re: Limit Logon

  • From: "Gary Noyes" <gwnoyes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:12:44 -0400

I wasn't sure if this was the case or not, but it certainly makes no sense why
it would be. Seems to me that this kind of defeats the purpose of this option
so I did some testing in my Dev environment. Testing that was performed,
  1. New user account created.
  2. Configured "Log On To" with access to Machine "A" only.
  3. Logged on to machine "A" no problem.
  4. Attempted logging on to Machine "B" and got the following message,
          > "Your account is configured to prevent you from using this
computer. Please try another computer."
  5. From machine "A" I accessed a shared drive and created\used\modified files
without issue.
  6. From machine "A" I started an application installed on one of the domain
servers without issue.
I did not however test citrix so I cannot confirm it, but knowing citrix as
well as I do you might be absolutely correct. As far as accessing shared
network resources and using networked applications, I don't think this will be
a problem.

Thanks
Gary