[gptalk] How do admin access CP on the users profile

  • From: Craig Meyer <craigmeyer8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:49:07 +0200

Hi all

I have a GPO that prevents access to certain things on the users workstations.
For example their printers, control panel, etc, etc. I have excluded the admins
from the GPO so if someone logs onto the pc with admin rights the GPO doesn't
apply anymore.

My problem is this : One of my technicians worked on the users profile (no
admin rights) and deleted her outlook profile from within outlook 2003.Now in
Outlook you cannot add a exchange account without going to the CP, which is the
problem as the tecnician can't access the CP because he is on the users
profile. Logging on as the admin won't help either as outlook need to be setup
on the users profile.

1. What do i do?

2. Is there any way that i can restrict things for the users but the admins can
access it (for example printers) without having to log off and on again.

Craig Meyer
Our Christmas gift for you: A brand new set of FREE and cool Windows Live
services!
http://get.live.com