[gptalk] Re: GPMC logging

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 07:43:32 -0700

Krisani-

If you are getting this on a workstation, this would appear to indicate that
the workstation cannot read its machine account from AD. This could be
because the computer's secure channel trust with the domain is broken
(rejoining the domain may help).

This would not be related to an inability to edit a GPO. That would be a
different issue and could be caused by any number of things, including
incorrect permissions on the GPO, broken SYSVOL replication or anti-virus
software on your DCs mucking with the ability to write to the SYSVOL part of
the GPO.

Darren