[gptalk] GP setting for Outlook 2003 - Not showing....

  • From: "Michael Pietrzak" <mpietrzak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:35:09 -0800

Hi there all. I've been trying to figure something out in the last 24
hours that has been quite confusing. The issue I am having is this, I
imported the most recent Outlook 2003 ADM files in order to enable the
option "Encrypt RPC Communication" but the option does not appear in my
group policies that I create.

I confirmed that I have the right ADM by double checking the excel
spreadsheet that breaks down the various settings and sure enough, it's
there. I have triple checked my steps, extracted the ADM, created a new
GP, added the admin template, and it's just not there. I tried it on
both my XP desktop and my DC.

The only thing I can think of, and perhaps someone can confirm this, but
do I need Outlook 2003 SP3 in order to see that setting? I am running
Outlook 2007 here on my local desktop so that's about all I can think is
the only thing holding it up.

If anyone has any thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Pietrzak

San Diego State University