[gptalk] Re: Entries missing in GPOE under User Configuration --> Windows Settings

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:24:30 +1000

Hi Jason,

All of the User info exists under \\server\sysvol\DNSname\Policies\GUID\USER
in directories such as

          Folder redirection - Documents & Settings

          Scripts - Scripts

          Security -Microsoft\Windows NT\SecEdit

          Applications -Applications

          Internet Explorer - MICROSOFT\IEAK

          RIS - Microsoft\RemoteInstall

I am not sure, but it is possible that the main  RIS info is held in AD
rather than the Sysvol

So, it sounds like he cannot read the
\\server\sysvol\DNSname\Policies\GUID\USER directory, which sounds more like
server security than PC security.

Can he see the Machine Info? It sits under
\\server\sysvol\DNSname\Policies\GUID\Machine.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>