[gptalk] Display 'Local' Security Policy Settings - I Must Be Asleep

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:50:06 -0700

I need to display a DC's Local Security Policies settings to do some
comparisons between domains.

When a DC is promoted, the  Administrative Tools folder console choice named
'Local Security Policy' changes to display 'Domain Controller Security Policy'
and 'Domain Security Policy' (Windows Server 2003 - 64 bit DCs). However, these
consoles 'only' display the settings for policies that are GPO based in the
domain. Other policy settings (like all the ones that are 'local settings') are
displayed as 'Not Defined'.

The GPMC reports (both Planning and RSoP) for the DC's show similar results. I
see similar results when running RSoP.msc. Where do I look to see the "Local
Settings" for the DC's? I suppose I could use the Security Configuration and
Analysis snap-in, but I can't believe it'd take that amount of effort.

Am I really asleep this morning? Am I in the forest and can't see the trees?

Jerry