[gptalk] Authenticated Users Filtered:Denied <Security>?

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:27:24 -0500

Hello All,
I have a problem with a group policy I created years ago.  Nothing in
the policy has changed but I have had calls from Users who are not
getting the settings.  When I do a gpresult I can see that the policy is
denied with security as the reason.  This GPO is filtered by
authenticated users, as are a lot of my other GPOs that are being
applied accurately.  It is a policy setting Office System 2003 settings.
Does anyone have any idea how I would troubleshoot this? I tried
enforcing the policy but it didn't change the gpresult.
My next step would be to add an AD group as a filter to see if the users
in the group get the policy applied.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services