[gptalk] Accounts Policy Seting Missing in RSoP and GPMC Reports

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:46:59 -0800

Howdy folks,

I could've sworn I'd heard of this behavior before, but can't put my fingers on
a resolution. Hmmm..

Well , here goes, I have a report from a fellow Admin (separate forest) that
his RSoP and GPMC based reports on "only one DC" in a domain are missing the
Account Policy settings sections (Account and Lockout settings are
missing...apparently Kerberos is there). [Auditors go crazy on things like
this....] Anyway, the other DCs in the domain report the data just fine.

Before contacting me, he had DCPromo'd that DC back down to a member server and
then back up to a DC  to try and fix the problem (with no luck). It sounds as
if a piece of a client extension is miss-registered or something. Does anyone
remember this being reported before and have a resolution?

Jerry Cruz | Group Policies Product Manager | Windows Infrastructure
Architecture | CNO | Boeing IT