[gptalk] Re: Accounts Policy Seting Missing in RSoP and GPMC Reports

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:57:51 -0800

Jerry-

I've seen these sections missing from GP Editor in the past, but not from
RSOP. In the case of GP Editor, usually it meant re-registering the MMC
snap-in to fix the issue. From a CSE perspective, there is only one CSE-the
security CSE, that does the work and records the RSOP data. I suppose its
possible that there are issues with the CSE but short of trying to
re-registering scecli.dll, I'm not sure what would help here. It might be
worthwhile to see if its just a reporting issue or really a RSOP issue. They
can go into WMI directly to find out if the data is being recorded. It's a
fairly complex set of steps so if you want to do it, let me know and I can
send some instructions on how to get into that.

Darren