[gpsbug] Re: WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

  • From: "Tim Luton" <timothy_luton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jlpn@xxxxxxxx>, <cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <John.Ormond@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:38:16 -0400

70/30 for Bodacious

Tim
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  To: j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx ; Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
jlpn@xxxxxxxx ; cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx ; John.Ormond@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:29 PM
  Subject: [gpsbug] WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

  WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

  [Please pass to anyone I may have missed]

  Proposed schedule:
       Each weekend 9 April-18 June, except:
       No race 23-24 April or 7-8 May (Easter & Mothers’ Day weekends)
       22 May (Sunday) Pagan River challenge (Conclusion of Warwick YCC cruise
weekend)
       As we did last year, each race to be “organized/coordinated” by email
the week before.

  For those skippers likely to race  this Spring:

     Pls email me your preferences for racing on either Saturday or Sunday
using a percentage scale, e.g.:

       70/30 would indicate a higher likelihood of racing on Saturday than
Sunday
       10/90 would indicate most chance of racing on Sunday
            (The first percentage will always represent Saturday)

       Saturday races would probably start mid-morn.
       Sunday races would probably start early afternoon.

  Should you be interested some other races further afield, occurring during
the Series:
  5/27-28 Down the Bay Race
  6/3-5 Southern Bay Race Week
  6/17-18 Cock Island Race

  John Wandling is an excellent source for information on racing around Hampton
Roads.

  Other suggestions?

  Thanks,
  Steve