[gpsbug] WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

  • From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx, Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jlpn@xxxxxxxx, cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx, John.Ormond@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:29:41 -0400 (EDT)

WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

[Please pass to anyone I may have missed]

Proposed schedule:
     Each weekend 9 April-18 June, except:
     No race 23-24 April or 7-8 May (Easter & Mothers’ Day weekends)
22 May (Sunday) Pagan River challenge (Conclusion of Warwick YCC cruise weekend)
As we did last year, each race to be “organized/coordinated” by email the week before.

For those skippers likely to race  this Spring:

Pls email me your preferences for racing on either Saturday or Sunday using a percentage scale, e.g.:

70/30 would indicate a higher likelihood of racing on Saturday than Sunday
     10/90 would indicate most chance of racing on Sunday
          (The first percentage will always represent Saturday)

     Saturday races would probably start mid-morn.
     Sunday races would probably start early afternoon.

Should you be interested some other races further afield, occurring during the Series:
5/27-28 Down the Bay Race
6/3-5 Southern Bay Race Week
6/17-18 Cock Island Race

John Wandling is an excellent source for information on racing around Hampton Roads.

Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve