[gpsbug] Spring Series Race Instructions - Update

  • From: "john" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:32:56 -0400

Note1:  New boats joining.  Welcome aboard.
Note2:  Some of you guys have not paid the ten buck entry fee (for the
series).  Please swing by my boat sometime and give me cash, check, or
money order.  I'd like to get awards ordered.

Thanks.

Race Chairman:  John Wandling

Race Committee:  John Wandling (Rebecca J)  Monitor VHF 71

The White Shoal Sailing Club Spring series begins this week.   There
will be a race each of the next six Sundays, only your best 4 finishes
will count.  Scoring will be as per US Sailing Racing Rules.  Trophies
will be awarded as per the regatta announcement.

Start will be  Gaboon style staggered start (Prepatory signal at 12:30,
first start at 12:40.)  This is an honor system start.  Boats will delay
the amount of time indicated, then cross the starting line.  Note the
name of the boat that finishes behind you and e-mail it to
john@xxxxxxxxxxxx, in order to be scored.  Please note your elapsed time
as well, as we would like to use this information to fine-tune our
ratings.

Here's a reminder on the course info:

Start/Finish "S" = a line between R "2" and FLG 2.5 sec "3" - entrance
to Pagan River - Start to East, Finish to West
Mark "A" = FLG 2.5 sec "5" - James River Channel
Mark "B" = GLG 2.5 sec "1" - James River Channel
Green Course (Clockwise - all marks to starboard) = Red Course
(Counter-clockwise marks to port)
S => A 355 magnetic distance 1.6 nm
A => B 133 magnetic distance 2.7 nm
B => S 284 magnetic distance 2.0 nm
Total Distance = 6.3 nm
Race committee will announce course (red or green, and shorten course if
necessary) prior to preparatory signal, depending on wind and current
conditions.

Handicap delays mins:sec after start  delay time for D1=Full Course
D2= Short Course North & Back, D3 = Short Course East and Back

Boat                                        Rating       D1       D2
D2

Oday 25
Anan Cara
Mike Maculley
246
146
00:00
00:00
00:00

Catalina 27 Inboard
Oasis
Morse Olin
231
131
01:35
00:48
01:00

Hunter 30
Recovery
John Edwards
219
119
02:50
01:26
01:48

Islander 28
Alacrity
Orion Blossom
201
101
04:44
02:24
03:00

Irwin Citation 30
Lady Jacquelynne
Ed Zurey
186
86
06:18
03:12
04:00

Hunter 30T
Banana Wind
Ed Munson
177
77
07:15
03:41
04:36

J24
Finn
Tom Edwards
174
74
07:34
03:50
04:48

CAL 330
ALEXIS
Richard Cassell
168
68
08:11
04:10
05:12

S-2 11.0A
Odyssey
Wayne Willis
162
62
08:49
04:29
05:36

Pearson 39
Southern Yankee II
George Christian
162
62
08:49
04:29
05:36

J27
Rebecca J
John Wandling
119
19
13:20
06:46
08:28

Theoretical
Scratch Boat
Theoretical
100
0
15:20
07:47
09:44

 Standard start sequence (assuming a 12:30 start):
Course
  12:20 - Warning (Yellow Flag).  Horn Blast
Full circuit
Half course; north to "5" and return
Half course; east to "1" and return
  12:24 - One minute to Prepatory Signal (Yellow flag Drops)  Horn Blast
  12:25 -  Prepatory Signal (Blue Flag). Horn Blast
  12:29 -  One minute to Start (Blue Flag Drops) Horn Blast
  12:30 - Start (Red Flag).  Horn Blast

Good Luck and good sailing.
NOTE:  I may not have signal flags by Sunday....listen to radio.
Synchronize on GPS time.