[gpsbug] HTM Version of Spring Series Instructions

  • From: "John" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:24:56 -0400

Ahoy,

A couple of sailors have indicated that they cannot easily read the race
instructions I have been sending out.  Please try this and let me know
if it is better.  It is in HTM format and you should be able to see it
formatted if you open it with your browser.  Most systems will "know" to
open it with your browser.  If yours does not, save the file on your
disk, then put the file name in the "address" bar on your browser, then
enter or click on "go to" arrow.

Let me know if this works better and I'll traslate all future
correspondence thusly.

See you on the water.

Also check Whiteshoal website at www.wandling.net
<http://www.wandling.net/>  for race results and other stuff.

John

-- HTML Attachment decoded to text by Ecartis --
-- File: SpringSeriesInst.htm

 Note1: New boats joining

Note1:  New boats joining.  Welcome aboard.

Note2:  Some of you guys have not paid the ten buck entry fee (for the
series).  Please swing by my boat sometime and give me cash, check, or money
order.  I?d like to get awards ordered.

Thanks.

Race Chairman:  John Wandling

Race Committee:  John Wandling (Rebecca J)  Monitor VHF 71

The White Shoal Sailing Club Spring series begins this week.   There will be
a race each of the next six Sundays, only your best 4 finishes will count.
Scoring will be as per US Sailing Racing Rules.  Trophies will be awarded as
per the regatta announcement.

Start will be  Gaboon style staggered start (Prepatory signal at 12:30,
firststart at 12:40.)  This is an honor system start.  Boats will delay the
amount of time indicated, then cross the starting line.  Note the name of
theboat that finishes behind you and e-mail it to john@xxxxxxxxxxxx, in
orderto be scored.  Please note your elapsed time as well, as we would like
to use this information to fine-tune our ratings.

Here's a reminder on the course info:

Start/Finish "S" = a line between R "2" and FLG 2.5 sec "3" - entrance to
Pagan River - Start to East, Finish to West

Mark "A" = FLG 2.5 sec "5" - James River Channel

Mark "B" = GLG 2.5 sec "1" - James River Channel

Green Course (Clockwise - all marks to starboard) = Red Course
(Counter-clockwise marks to port)

S => A 355 magnetic distance 1.6 nm

A => B 133 magnetic distance 2.7 nm

B => S 284 magnetic distance 2.0 nm

Total Distance = 6.3 nm

Race committee will announce course (red or green, and shorten course if
necessary) prior to preparatory signal, depending on wind and current
conditions.

Handicap delays mins:sec after start  delay time for D1=Full Course

D2= Short Course North &Back, D3 = Short Course East and Back

Boat                                        Rating       D1       D2
D2

Oday 25

Anan Cara

Mike Maculley

246

146

00:00

00:00

00:00

Catalina 27 Inboard

Oasis

Morse Olin

231

131

01:35

00:48

01:00

Hunter 30

Recovery

John Edwards

219

119

02:50

01:26

01:48

Islander 28

Alacrity

Orion Blossom

201

101

04:44

02:24

03:00

Irwin Citation 30

Lady Jacquelynne

Ed Zurey

186

86

06:18

03:12

04:00

Hunter 30T

Banana Wind

Ed Munson

177

77

07:15

03:41

04:36

J24

Finn

Tom Edwards

174

74

07:34

03:50

04:48

CAL 330

ALEXIS

Richard Cassell

168

68

08:11

04:10

05:12

S-2 11.0A

Odyssey

Wayne Willis

162

62

08:49

04:29

05:36

Pearson 39

Southern Yankee II

George Christian

162

62

08:49

04:29

05:36

J27

Rebecca J

John Wandling

119

19

13:20

06:46

08:28

Theoretical

Scratch Boat

Theoretical

100

0

15:20

07:47

09:44

 Standard start sequence (assuming a 12:30 start):

Course

  12:20 - Warning (Yellow Flag).  Horn Blast

Full circuit

Half course; north to "5" and return

Half course; east to "1" and return

  12:24 - One minute to Prepatory Signal (Yellow flag Drops)  Horn Blast

  12:25 -  Prepatory Signal (Blue Flag). Horn Blast

  12:29 -  One minute to Start (Blue Flag Drops) Horn Blast

  12:30 - Start (Red Flag).  Horn Blast

Good Luck and good sailing.

NOTE:  I may not have signal flags by Sunday....listen to radio.
Synchronizeon GPS time.