[gpsbug] Reminder: Input (vote) on wrapping up WSSC fall series

  • From: "Rick Bodson" <RickBodson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:26:35 -0400

Voter turn-out hasn't been great on John Wandling's request for input on
whether we should wrap up the fall series as it stands, or schedule the
final make-up this Saturday and launch the frostbite series this Sunday.
(John's email follows.)
George Tatum offered a third, intriguing alternative. Make this week-end
race a super race by having a single race on Sunday be the final fall series
AND first of the frostbite. Not exactly comprehended in Sailing Rules, but
could resolve the challenge of recruiting crews for two days' racing.

So, let's have it.
   A) Fall series is over; Sunday is race one of frostbite.
   B) It ain't over 'till it's over. Wrap up Fall series Saturday, begin
frostbite Sunday.
   C) Super race on Sunday double counts to wrap up Fall, launch frostbite.

Chicago voting rules apply. If you already voted once, you can vote again,
since there's now a C alternative. White Shoals counting rules apply. No
boat gets more than one vote.

If you can't remember what started all of this, John's email follows. Input
by end of day tomorrow, please.

/Rick