[gpsbug] Pagan River Challenge Results

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'WhiteShoal \('Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '\)'" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:29:54 -0400

Hi All,

Well, Allan DeWall proved to be the perfect host, except for the part where
he took "our" trophy and earned bragging rights to the Pagan River.  Just
means we gotta try harder next year, right?  Meanwhile, John Edwards
continued his streak of unbroken seconds, while Tom Orlowski filled in the
medal positions.  Congratulations to Allan, John, and Tom, and to the rest
of the hearty skippers and crews who drifted across the starting line to
eventually finish a race on a building breeze.  I managed to get my students
out in the morning with some fresh land breezes and finished up before the
first storm hit Willoughby.

I have the finish order for the PR Challenge as follows;

(1)  Catrageous, Allan DeWall
(2)  Recovery, John Edwards
(3)  Tranquillity, Tom Orlowski
(4)  Sunrise, Ray and Joelle Keffer
(5)  Windrush II, Steve Butkus
(6)  Wind Tether, Tom Grigsby
(7)  In Concert, Mark D'Etechverry, DNF

Tom and I are off to race the down the bay this weekend.  Hope to catch up
with you all on a Sunday soon.

Regards,

John