[gps-talkusers] Re: using dual GPS is the only way to go

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 21:45:25 -0500

I am sorry to hear that. I, and I expect many many more people really don't have much use for those note takers so probably will never purchase a Sendero GPS programme so long as that remains the base platform. One might accept the inconvenience if they were low cost devices but they are not and all those battery chargers too.

Is the iPhone inferiority primarily because without cell service it becomes essentially useless? The dependence on cellular service will prejudice Seeing Eye use in Canada too where, to this point, data service costs are really quite high. About the highest in the world. We also have some vast areas of empty cellular coverage. Quite a bit of it doesn't matter much, the 5 hours between here and Sudbury for example but there is only one road and you go only either north or south so GPS isn't really all that necessary there.

WayFinder was a pretty good solution too except for the dependence on cellular service and sadly it is gone along with it's base platform.

Oh well.

Dale leavens.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>