[gps-talkusers] the maestro

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:43:38 -0400

Hi all,

Here is John's message cleaned up.

Hi all as a braille note gps user but at the moment I am without it as
water was spilled on it and it's back in repair I must as a piano tuner and=

a heavy user of the gps the braille note gps is really very vercatile but
in the uk hear the map data is strange and creating routes is hopeless. I
have heard that in the late summer a new talking pda called the maestro
will be out with bluetooth and wireless connection. I understand gps will
be able to be used but how accessible it is I do not know. the talks
wayfinder gps on the nokia 3650 is useable but surely you cannot beat the
braille output when walking about but I like the small speaker that someone=

said about that you can have near your ear. I understand the maestro will
be a braille output as well and if the display gets damaged you can
purchase for $3,300.00 for another one. the maestro should be aout =A33000 or=
 just
under so it is very interesting with this development. I think it will be
sold by Sight and sound and blazie.

I have a couple of comments about this message.  Blazie is no longer
in existence, so this makes me doubt the veracity of this message.
The product may be coming, but the company that sells it is wrong.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxx