[gps-talkusers] Re: seeing eye app and routes history

  • From: "Tanner, David (DEED)" <david.tanner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 12:56:17 +0000

I would definitely agree with addition of the feature for reversing a root.  I
have found that feature very helpful on untold numbers of occasions.
Hopefully, it is something that could be added in a update early on in the
continued development of the app.

As far as the number of routes to be remembered, I would go with the ability to
save at least 10 routes.  I would think that this would probably be plenty for
most folks.  But, that doesn't mean the last 10 routes because in reality there
could be some of those last 10 routes that the user may have only needed for
one time, and would likely never or very rarely use one or more of them.  So, I
would suggest a menu choice under the routing menu that would allow the user to
choose to have the currently active route to their list of selected routes to
be available to them until such time as they decided that they no longer needed
that route.  As a part of that I would also suggest that the user should have
an option when using one of their chosen routes to ask that the route be
updated occasionally so that any thing that might have changed on any part of
that route that might make any of the information in the route obsolete would
get changed to reflect any changes including road or sidewalk construction that
might mean that a part of the area normally traveled on that route would need
to change.