[gps-talkusers] Re: question about user POI files

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:24:15 -0800

Mike,

I do think that this is a good idea.

Kevin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:49 AM
Subject: [gps-talkusers] question about user POI files

It has been suggested that we don't put the date within the filename of the user POI file you can download each month. Because the file names are different, you can end up with duplicate files in your folder. I have included the date to make sure you knew which file was the latest.

If we always use the same filename, you can still look at its creation date and when you copy it into the maps folder, you will be prompted if you wish to overwrite the old file with the new one.

Would this be helpful?

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Talks, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T tactile watch, and the ID Mate bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West