[gps-talkusers] question about user POI files

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:49:51 -0800

It has been suggested that we don't put the date within the filename of the
user POI file you can download each month. Because the file names are
different, you  can end up with duplicate files in your folder. I have included
the date to make sure you knew which file was the latest.

If we always use the same filename, you can still look at its creation date and
when you copy it into the maps folder, you will be prompted if you wish to
overwrite the old file with the new one.

Would this be helpful?

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Talks, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch, and the ID Mate bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West