[gps-talkusers] iPhone and battery when using gps

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:31:43 -0400

Hi, I can tell you that when you use more apps and especially gps, the battery drains rather quickly. I purchased a New Trend battery pack which is an 8900 mah capacity battery and it has come in very handy since I've used my iPhone way more than I thought I would in the beginning. This unfortunately means charging it twice per day sometimes, especially after using gps. So that is one negative aspect of the iPHone in that the battery does not last very long. Even those who don't use the gps on it still have to charge it every night, or at the very least, every other night. So I got the iPhone knowing that I would need to charge it more often than the E61 and N82 I had prior to the iPhone.

The gps apps I mainly use are Navigon, Where, Around Me, and Sendero Lookaround.

Many thanks.

On 10/24/2010 11:17 AM, alice dampman Humel wrote:
Hi, Fred and all,
One of the things I wonder about, particularly after my negative
experiences with mobile geo in this regard, is the battery life of that
one device we would use to do so many things...
What experiences have people had with the i-phone? If you're reading a
book, following gps, making calls, going on the internet, and so on, how
long will the battery hold out?
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>