[gps-talkusers] help for indicators on cell phone

  • From: "Janet Stites" <tazzi66@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:51:12 -0700

Julie Hapeman-

Hello Julie. My name is Janet and I also have problems with neuropathy in my
hands. The way that I have gotten around using cell phones without large
buttons is I cut address labels into different forms. I usually use 3 or 4
labels together, depending on how thick the labels are. This seems to work well
for me and the labels seem to stick very well. I thought perhaps this might
help your client that also has problems with indicator dots. I have also used
sequins glued onto the buttons of the cell phone. Of course one has to count
the buttons to dial a number, but it is easy to use. It is also helpful if you
have someone who is sighted to help you do this to the phone. Hope this will
help and works well.

Respectfully,

Janet Stites