[gps-talkusers] Re: half way to Hawaii

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:59:39 -0400

Hi,
I've used the m-1000 cross the country twice with no issues. both
times I had it on my shoulder.
If I remember correctly the top speed was somewhere around 650 mph.  I
actually have a replay of the entire four hour flight.
Chris
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:53:21 -0700, "Scott Granados"
<gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Mike and others, do the consumer portable GPS receivers (like the Holux)
>work well at altitude and speed in a comercial flight?  I know that Cell
>phones can work but you have to position them just right in the window and
>even there it's sketchy because it's not so easy to get a signal in or out
>of a big metal tube.  Texting was the best reliable method at speed, voice
>was flakey so I'd expect GPS (being in the same frequency neighborhood)
>would be tricky?  Also, do they work at the higher rates of speed?  I tried
>some of this with a US-Globalsat receiver and it was problematic.
>    Cool use of the tool though.  Wonder if United will figure it out when a
>bunch of blind air travelers consistently start winning the prise with your
>POI.:)

Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing
Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Also, distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor
Stream, Voice Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID Mate

Phone: 888-757-6810 EXT. 113
Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx