[gps-talkusers] Re: finding places in the uk

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:31:35 +0100

Michael

Newcastle airport is listed as POI.

Since, like me, you will not have a clue how far away from you it is I would
advise you to set your virtual position to somewhere in Newcastle city
centre. One of the junction on Northumberland Street will do. Then do a POI
search using 0 as your start point and say 10 miles as your end point.
Select Airport as your POI category and you should find it pretty quickly.

If you are going via public transport it is worth knowing that it can be
reached via the Newcastle Metro.

Steve