[gps-talkusers] Re: finding places in the uk

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:50:44 +0100

Hi Michael,

Here's one way to do what you want:

Press V to go into virtual mode.
Set region to Northern England.
F-chord for POI search,
Search within a hundred miles.
Set category to airport.
Subcategory All.
keyword Newcastle.

This finds "Newcastle International Airport", and you can use that as your destination, and save it as a user POI for quicker finding next time.

HTH,

Peter

At 06:12 PM 8/21/2008, you wrote:
Is there a way of finding places in the UK using basic information?
For example I am going to a Doctor Who convention in November but the
location for the convention is Newcastle Airport and I could only find a
basic address on the Internet.
There is no address number and I am not sure if I managed to find it on
the GPS maps in Braillenote GPS.

--

*******

Peter Bosher,