[gps-talkusers] The Holux Has Arrived

  • From: "Les Kriegler" <kriegler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:56:45 -0500

Hi,

The Holux 236 arrived today, 3 days after I placed the order.  The mPower
should arrive by week's end, and I hope to get up and running immediately or
shortly thereafter.  The manual didn't apparently identify the charging time
for the battery, but I'm assuming about two hours.  When I turned on the
unit, a light came on so there was some juice already in the battery.  I
tested turning the unit on and off.  If one is careful, there seems to be a
click that one can feel when using the switch.  While an audible tone would
be nice, I don't mind jumping into the GPS menu to verify the status of the
receiver.  Boy, this thing is small and I hear it looks quite good.  But the
proof is in the performance which I hope to check out by week's end.
Best Regards,

Les