[gps-talkusers] Re: Recording and Finding User points

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:00:59 -0700

Steve,

You are correct that you are dealing with both recording and playback
inaccuracies. It may help if you have acquired for a couple minutes before
recording a point. Since you aren't dealing with maps, there should only be
the satellite positions to impact your point recording.

>Hi All
>
>I'd be intrested in people's experiences with locating points which users
>have recorded for themselves, especially in outdoor shopping areas. I've had
>some really good results but some pretty strange ones as well, and it
>doesn't always depend on the size of the overhanging roof or verandah.
>Sometimes GPS reports a place to be 50 metres away when I'm right next to
>it. I'm aware that, in a difficult area, I'm dealing with two sources of
>inaccuracy, one when recording the point and another when locating it.
>
>Cheers
>
>Stephen Bennett,
>Wellington,
>New Zealand

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West