[gps-talkusers] Re: OT peggy when are you leaving for NYC

  • From: Peggy Kern <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 06:12:58 -0700

Hi, Vinny.  We're in New York as I type this.  We visited Ground Zero on
Monday, and yes, it's definitely visual.  I'm using GPS more in virtual mode
here, because most of the points of interest seem to be restaurants, and I
don't want to leave the receiver running just to hear them.  Besides, when I
have used it, the fix comes and goes, probably because of all the tall
buildings around.  But it's been great even in virtual mode to get a sense of
how the city is laid out, and where things are in relation to each other.  I
love GPS!

Peggy