[gps-talkusers] More impressions of the gps/pk setup:

  • From: "meearls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:48:53 -0700

Hi folks!
This is one very happy sendero customer, believe me. The gps in this unit just seems to be operating so much more smoothly. It also helps that I found the section in the command summary wherethe one-handed commands for heading and distance and the like are.
Anyway, I just love how effortlessly this program is running. On the old Braille Note we had almost no problems with version 3 and the lockup but you somehow knew it was a slightly different program but this pk and the windows ce 4 has virtually eliminated all of that.
There is one thing which grabs my patience and I am pretty sure it is my location rather than any computer or receiver problem and this was true with the earthmate as well. But, the satellites take an awful long time to come up, at least 10 to 15 minutes and it doesn't matter what time of day this is.
But, as I have said I think it is my location which is doing this. I'll know more after I take this around the lanes of the village where my Ohio apartment is and I have no idea when we will get back there.
Anyway, its hot out and I walked at 5 minutes to 8 this evening and didn't even draw a sweat.

Mary Ellen Earls
Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.