[gps-talkusers] Re: Maps Sendero supports

  • From: "Howard Kaufman" <wa9top@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 18:19:01 -0600

Sure, start with virtual mode, have the student find his house and make vehicle and pedestrian routes somewhere he would like to go. Using the points of interest, make a list of let's say places to eat, with their names addresses and phone numbers, with in a mile of his house. Make a route between two places he knows. Have him compare this route with the one he uses, if he makes a different one on his own, have him discribe why he likes his better. Navigate his own neighborhood using the look around commands. Make a list of key combinations, and have him find them in the help system. After all that, you can tuurn on the receiver. I am sure more ideas will come. Have him look up the information and get the latitude longitude, phone number, address, and nearest destination, of a place he has always wanted to visit in the country. Teach him how to download maps, poi files, and upgrade his note taker. This will be good for both upgrading Sendero and keysoft. How to use a data card and a data card reader, will have many necessary aplications. I never got active sync to work, so using a card reader is much easier and faster.