[gps-talkusers] Re: Maps Sendero supports

  • From: Joleen <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:04:39 -0800

Hi Charles,

You may remember that Craig Phillips helped me to document the city-wide problem with Tele Atlas in my community. There was some dialog with Tele Atlas and they were going to send someone here to resolve the issues. Then things went silent. Have you heard more? When might I expect to have reliable maps for my area?

As I understand it, these are not Sendero issues. They are Tele Atlas issues. This would mean that anyone, sighted or blind who uses their maps would have the same errors. For this reason, they have to be glad when we bring issues to their attention. That is the only way they can fix things for all who use their products. Admittedly, there are some areas that will be addressed first if they have more clients there, but we are all important and the matters we bring to light serve all of us.

Just my take on it. Thanks for any and all help or input in advance.

Joleen