[gps-talkusers] Re: Hybrid cars:

  • From: Gil Lutz <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:36:13 -0500

Hi Mary Ellen and all,

Interesting that you should mention this. I just returned from Pilot Dogs with a new dog and during our training on the streets there the trainers several times mentioned being aware of hybrid cars and how quiet they are. A good reinforcement to learning to trust your dog. Maybe we need to build in a hybrid car detector into the GPS program. Grin

Gil
At 05:42 PM 2/10/2008, you wrote:

Hi guys!
gMan! If I hadn't had a fantastic do guide this afternoon, I likely would havebeen a gonner. We were getting ready to cross a church parking lot rear entrence on a somewhat quiet street when Peggy jammed her breaks on and what sounded like a bycycle sped out of the driveway and went down the street. I realized why she stopped, It was a hybrid car with the electric part of the engine running. Man I hope mobility courses for trainers and all dog guide schools are addressing this problem because it is going to get worse and worse. Just wanted you folks to have a heads up on this because we probably see more and more of these vehickles on the road.
Mary Ellen Earls