[gps-talkusers] Help understanding roundabouts

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:15:17 -0000

Hi,

I think this has been discussed here before but I didn't have much reason to take it in then, and I can't remember what the conclusion was. But I'm having trouble understanding the instructions Sendero GPS gives in a vehicle route when it comes to roundabouts. It seems to say take the exit leading northwest or whatever - giving a compass direction, and saying the name of the road. But in my experience both from people's written/verbal instructions and from other (mainstream so to speak) GPS systems, the number of the exit is usually given. Like "take the second exit from the roundabout".

Is there any way I can tell from the instructions currently given, what number the exit will be? Or must I rely on looking for the name of the road? (If I'm in a car with a sighted driver I mean). Because finding road names doesn't always seem possible/easy, whether because the signage is rubbish or people don't use their eyes I don't know - but it doesn't always work whatever the reason.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for understanding the roundabout instructions...

Catherine